TRIUS PRO-834 CCD Camera System (Mono). Ex-Demo
TRIUS PRO-834 – Ex Demo
This camera is an ex-demo camera, that has been factory refurbished. It will still come with a 2 year warranty.
The latest addition to the TRIUS camera range, the PRO-834 uses a 12 megapixel Sony CCD with 3.1uM square pixels. This very high resolution chip is well suited to short focus optics, such as the Starizona ‘Hyperstar’ adaptor, and many compact APO refractors. The new PRO board design has given this camera an exceptionally low readout noise figure of better than 3 electrons RMS and a fast download time of only 5 seconds in full resolution mode.
- CCD type: ICX834AL EXview II CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution pixel data: Pixel size: 3.1uM x 3.1uM, Image format: 4240 x 2824 pixels
- CCD Image area: 12.49mm (Horizontal) x 9.99mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better – No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 ‘hot’ pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Typically ONLY 3 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 9,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ – 10C CCD temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.25 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 8 seconds at full resolution.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm ‘T2’ thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 450g