Trius SX-56 full-frame camera
£7,612.50 including VAT
The SX-56 is a large area full-frame CCD camera with a 16.7 megapixel sensor. It utilises the popular KAF-16803 sensor, which has a square format array of 36.8 x 36.8 mm, 9uM square pixels. The use of a full frame chip requires a mechanical shutter and so SX have developed a custom ‘roller blind’ assembly that uses mini stepper motors to provide an extremely uniform shutter action.
The SX-56 incorporates many special features that improve on some other KAF-16803 based products:
- A multi-coated synthetic sapphire input window. The extremely high thermal conductivity of sapphire (about 25x better than glass) eliminates the need for a window heater, by conducting waste heat from the camera body to the entire window surface. Dewing of the window is extremely unlikely to occur, even with maximum CCD cooling.
- A stepper driven roller blind shutter with extremely uniform illumination of the sensor, even at 0.1 seconds exposure time. The shutter is designed for robust long-term use, but is also very easy to service or replace, if necessary.
- A compact, dry argon filled CCD chamber, with O ring sealing. No desiccant to regularly replace. The window is easy to clean with an air duster or soft cloth.
- Built-in LED flood illuminator for RBI elimination (trapped electrons from previous images).
- Fast image download time – approximately 6.5 seconds for a full 16.7 megapixel image.
- A three stage Peltier cooler to give better than -45C below ambient, with an efficient temperature controller to keep power consumption to less than 2 amps at 12v DC.
- Standard ‘Trius’ 3 port USB 2 hub built-in.
- A compact overall size of 136 mm square and 70 mm deep (+ handles). Only 1.7 Kg total weight.
- Active area: 36.8 x 36.8 mm
- Number of pixels: 4096 x 4096
- Pixel size: 9.0 x 9.0 uM
- Read noise: 9e typical
- Full well capacity: Approx. 100,000e
- Peak QE: Approx. 58% at 530nM
- Camera gain: 1.5e / ADU