- CCD type: ICX694AL Exview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution pixel data: Pixel size: 4.54uM x 4.54uM, Image format: 2750 x 2200 pixels
- CCD Image area: 12.49mm (Horizontal) x 9.99mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 5 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 4 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 17,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Less than 0.003 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 5 seconds at full resolution.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -40C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 400g.
Two excellent sample Hubble palette images from Mike Sidonio:
A splendid M31 shot from David Rosenthal: