The SX-36 camera is one of the largest in the SX line of Truesense CCD based imagers. We have used a two stage Peltier cooler for efficient CCD cooling, and a high-speed USB2 interface circuit for a short download time. The fast download minimises the visibility of bias frame artefacts, such as hot columns and the top to bottom gradient that is commonly seen on such chips.
- CCD type: Truesense KAI16070M interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 7.4uM x 7.4uM, Image format: 4904 x 3280 pixels
- CCD Image area: 36.3mm (Horizontal) x 24.2mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 2 available at this time.
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~52%), 30% at 375nM and 660nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 12 electrons RMS - typically only 9 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 40,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.05 electrons/second @ -20C chip temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.4 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 10 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 750mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated constant current cooling supply with three stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -37C below ambient.
- Size: 118 x 102mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 72 x 1mm thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 1100g.