The Trius SX35 and SX36 cameras are the largest in the SX line of Truesense CCD based imagers. We have used an improved two stage Peltier cooler for efficient CCD cooling, and a high-speed USB2 interface circuit for a short download time. The fast download minimises the visibility of bias frame artefacts, such as hot columns and the top to bottom gradient that is commonly seen on such chips. The camera shown on this page is the SX36, as both versions have a closely similar appearance.
- CCD type: Truesense KAI11002M interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 9uM x 9uM, Image format: 4032 x 2688 pixels
- CCD Image area: 36.3mm (Horizontal) x 24.2mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 2 as standard.
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~51%), 30% at 400nM and 660nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 15 electrons RMS - typically only 12 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 50,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.08 electrons/second @ -20C CCD temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.9 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 7 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5A max.
- Cooling system: Regulated constant current cooling supply with three stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -37C below ambient.
- Size: 98 x 100mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 72 x 1mm thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 810g.