- CCD type: ICX429AL Sony Exview interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 8.2uM x 8.4uM, Image format: 752 x 580 pixels
- CCD Image area: 6.4mm (Horizontal) x 4.75mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1
- Spectral Response: QE max at 620nM (~65%), 35% at 400nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 15 electrons RMS - typically only 10 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 50,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 1 hour. Less than 0.1 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.9 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: USB powered.
- Cooling system: Ambient air cooling.
- Size: 32 x 72mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 25 x 0.75mm 'C mount' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 50g.
Although the Lodestar is primarily intended as a high performance guider, it makes a superb electronic finder and planetary imaging camera! Here are some sample images from Maurice Gavin:
Centaur Eris at mag. 18.75 - a remarkable achievement!